WEA Lothians Forum

Author Topic: Posting a message  (Read 1336 times)

Tiana_admin

• Administrator
  • Tiana Sidey
    • Late Bloomers
Posting a message
« on: 04 08, 2012, 12:20:38 AM »
The time will come when you tire of reading others' messages and want to write one yourself.
You will have noticed that the messages (discussions) are grouped.
This is so it is easy for others to find information on a given topic.

A topic is started, replies are sent and the discussion revolves round that topic.
There is no "by the way , have you.." a new discussion is started.

If you wish to continue a discussion, click on the reply button at the end and write your message.
Click on Post to send.

If you are answering a point several messages from the end there is a useful trick - highlight the text and click on the quote button. Immediately the posting box will appear with the text inside. Write your answer and post. The quoted text will appear with a shaded background and your answer underneath, so no-one has to scroll up and down.

To start a new discussion first check you are in the right place, ie in the correct discussion area or board.
Click on New topic then write your message in the posting box, give it a title and post it.

Be warned - if you are timed out or you inadvertantly close your browser, any work in progress will be lost!

Liz_Beevers

• Lothian Women's Forum
Re: Posting a message and using your tip!
« Reply #1 on: 12 08, 2012, 08:26:55 PM »
Congrats on a huge amount of work....getting WEA into the digital age!
OK managed to post this but when I tried to use the quote idea you gave in the tips ALL the text came up not just the bit I highlighted and then I couldn't find out how to delete out of the quote ...........

The print is very faint in this message box.  I can see it's OK when posted but not as I'm working on it  Can you make it darker?
 ::)
Liz Beevers

Tiana_admin

• Administrator
  • Tiana Sidey
    • Late Bloomers
Re: Posting a message and using your tip!
« Reply #2 on: 13 08, 2012, 01:15:07 AM »

The print is very faint in this message box.  I can see it's OK when posted but not as I'm working on it  Can you make it darker?
 ::)
Liz Beevers
You are right, the quote takes in the whole message but you can delete the bit you don't want.
The colour came with the theme (colour scheme) and it is a bit pale so I have made the reply text darker now

Copyright © WEA Lothians Forum